Alt Text

Frequently Asked Questions

Finding the right information about insurance can be hard and at times overwhelming. That is what makes an independent insurance agent so valuable. We don’t work for the insurance companies, we work for YOU. We have compiled a list of our most frequently asked questions here, and our responses to them. If you don’t find your question answered here, feel free to contact us through our website, or call at any time (508) 678-8341.

In the event of an insurance claim, the deductible is the amount that a policyholder must pay before the insurance company begins to pay. We typically recommend that our clients carry a $1,000 deductible on their insurance, depending on their current situation and ability to pay that amount in an at-fault accident. Avoiding claims protects your driving record, so you really only want to file a claim when there is significant damage.  A higher deductible will lower annual premiums, saving you money in the long run. As always, it is best to check with your agent to see what the right policy is for your particular situation.

The three most effective ways to keep insurance affordable while maintaining the right coverage are to:

  1. Increase your deductibles.
  2. Make sure you are taking advantage of safety discounts.
  3. Don’t file claims often.

As always, chat with your independent agent to see if you have the best policy for your needs.

Contact us! We are happy to introduce you to the right person for the job! We work with an amazing team of professionals in the area. Whether you are in need of a realtor, mortgage lender, closing attorney, an accountant, financial adviser, or car dealer, we will connect you with the right person for your needs.

It usually makes sense to add your teen as a driver to your existing policy, but only after they get a permanent license. If you’re driving an expensive car, it might make more financial sense to buy your teen a safe, older vehicle and get them a policy of them own.

As long as the driver has your permission to borrow the car then yes they will be covered.  If they’re involved in a minor accident, your liability and collision coverage will kick in.

When an accident happens and you suffer an injury or property damage, a claim must be filed.

If you experience a small fender bender or anything that would qualify as a small claim, you should still chat with your agent. They will discuss with you about deductibles, insurance surcharges, and the possible effect on your driving record.

Home insurance is designed to protect you from the unexpected. It will cover you for most cases of accidental and sudden damages in your home.

However, some things in our homes are just not built to last. Whether its an old furnace or HVAC unit, many appliances in our homes have shelf lives. For these cases, home insurance may not be helpful.

A home warranty is a protection plan designed to protect you from these expected maintenance problems and normal wear and tear. Together, home systems protection and a home warranty can protect you from both expected and unexpected damages that may occur.

Learn More

Have a question you need answered? Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.