Getting a driver’s license is a huge milestone! But adding a teen driver to your policy can be pricey. Young drivers are expensive to insure because, statistically, they are involved in more accidents than any other age group. Adding a teen driver to your auto insurance policy can increase rates by nearly 80%! But that doesn’t mean parents and teens can’t take some simple steps to reduce their auto insurance premiums. At Lapointe Insurance, we work together with you and your teens to find the best solutions to save you money.
Teen Driver Insurance
Save on Teen Driver Insurance with Discounts
- Good Student Discount: For most insurance carriers, if your student driver has a GPA (Grade Point Average) of a B or higher, they may have reduced discount.
- Multi-Car Discount: By insuring your teen as an additional driver on a parents’ policy, you can take advantage of this discount.
- Driver’s Education Courses: Youthful drivers who take driver’s education courses can expect to save on their insurance.
- Low Mileage Discount: For teen drivers who drive infrequently or across short distances should ask whether they qualify for a low mileage discount. (Will need at least a year of driving to get this.)
- Student-Away Discount: If you have a student who isn’t living at home and are living over 100 miles away from home, you can save up to 10% of your policy.
Use Technology to Save on Teen Car Insurance
Many car insurance carriers are using technology to help their teen drivers save big. With apps designed to monitor your teen’s driving behavior, your teen can get custom reports telling them how they’re driving and give them suggestions on how to improve.
Ready to Get Started?
We will work with you to create a unique insurance plan that ensures you have all of the automobile insurance coverage necessary to protect your teen driver.