Running a garage business in Massachusetts or Rhode Island means you probably don’t have enough time to think about insurance. Whether you have a reputation for working on domestic or foreign cars, or you work your magic with body repairs, mufflers, exhausts, transmissions, or windshields, we’ve got you covered.
Massachusetts and Rhode Island Garage Insurance
If you run a a garage or auto service business of any kind in MA or RI, you know that a lot can go wrong with cars. Garage insurance from Lapointe Insurance will reduce the risks you face in the auto repair business, so you can focus on providing the best possible service to your clients and their autos.
Drivers in Rhode Island and Massachusetts depend on you to provide a quality repair service and get them back on the road fast. If your business has to stop for an unexpected accident, can your insurance help put you back in the drivers seat just as fast?
There are plenty of risks that threaten your operation each day, and Lapointe Insurance provides complete, affordable garage and automotive repair shop insurance to help settle damages or pay for repairs that would otherwise threaten your business.
We always recommend that you look into getting MA or RI Garagekeepers Legal Liability insurance. This unique coverage protects your business in case a customers vehicle is damaged by theft, fire, collision, or vandalism. Garagekeepers Legal Liability, or GKLL, is an optional coverage to help business owners who offer towing services, or perform repairs on vehicles. It provides coverage for a customer’s vehicle when it is in your company’s posession.
Massachusetts and Rhode Island Garage businesses carry some unique risks, and we know each company is different. To make sure you get the right policy for the best possible price, we take the time to listen to your business’ story, learn about your people, and see where your operation’s greatest risks are. We then help design a program that best fits your needs. With over a dozen companies to choose from, we can assure you that we have the right solution.
The coverages we recommend you consider are:
- Garage liability insurance: To cover damages that arise from operating an automobile in the course of garage operations. This option is an enhancement to commercial property liability coverage. A staple of the auto service industry, this coverage is necessary to ensure that your shop is fully covered.
- Garage keepers coverage: This will protect you in the event a customer’s auto is damaged during the course of garage operations. This is an essential option for any auto service business.
- Commercial auto insurance: To pay for any incidents resulting from an employee’s accident while driving a company vehicle, or their own while on company time.
- Equipment breakdown coverage: This will help protect you against equipment failures due to power surge, mechanical breakdown, burnout or operator errors. You may also know this coverage as “boilers and machinery” insurance.
- Employee practices liability insurance: To protect against claims of discrimination, wrongful termination, or harassment by employees of your garage or auto repair shop.
- Sewer or drain coverage: To help clean up if you have a sewer or drainage backup in your garage due to rain or a water main break.
- Workers Compensation: Make sure your employees are protected with workers compensation. This can replace lost wages, pay for medical treatment, and protect your business in the long run.
We want you to be able to focus on growing your MA or RI garage business, and delivering a great service to your clients. You shouldn’t have to worry about the unexpected. Give us a call, fill out the form on this page, or stop by one of our three convenient locations to get the coverage you need.