Massachusetts and Rhode Island Plumbers Insurance
Need Plumbers Insurance?
Fill out the form below to make a plan.
Free Plumbers Insurance Quote
If you’re the owner of a plumbing business, large or small, you know the risks your business faces. From potential property loss, to road accidents with your work trucks and other vehicles, or issues with installations, you need to make sure your business is covered.
If you own a plumbing company, or you’re in charge of its risk management decisions, you have a huge responsibility. With everything else you need to do each day, you probably don’t have time to know all the ins and outs of your business insurance policy. That’s where Lapointe Insurance can help. We are a local family agency, who know’s what it is like to run a business: From managing our staff, to delivering a great product, and continuing to grow, sometimes it feels like there isn’t enough time in the day. When it comes to our clients, our priority is helping them plan for a solid financial future. We have years of experience working with Massachusetts and Rhode Island plumbing contractors, helping them design specialized insurance plans that fit their unique needs.
Plumbing contractors need plumbing insurance for a number of reasons. Just one accident or mistake on a job could result in devastating financial damages. We provide solutions customized to your plumbing business and we are always available in the event of a claim.
Some important risks you will want to consider are:
- Damages during new construction: If you primarily work with new projects, you can be responsible for leaking water lines that damage the new construction. This could include work delays or damage to building materials. The claims can amount to many thousands of dollars out of pocket depending on the length of the disruption and the scope and type of building damage.
- Damages to existing pipes: If the work you perform results in damage to existing plumbing, the costs to rectify the damage can be exorbitant unless you have coverage in place for these costs.
- Damages that result in gas explosions: Since you work in, around and sometimes on gas pipes, there is the risk of an explosion which can cause extensive damage. This may be result in fire damage or damage from the explosion itself. The cause of the explosion may be hard to pinpoint and you may have to defend yourself against a lawsuit. Plumbers liability insurance provides coverage for legal claims.
Plumbing is a messy business, considering you work with water, sewage, and drainage lines in and around buildings. Whether you are a pipe-fitter, plumber, or septic installer, you might be wondering why you even need insurance. The best place to start is by working with an independent agent like Lapointe Insurance.
3 Reasons You Must Have Plumbing Insurance
- You may be required by the state to have insurance for your license
- If you are a GC, you might need plumbers insurance to work with plumbers.
- Property owners or General Contractors will require a certificate or proof of insurance before hiring you for a job.
Massachusetts and Rhode Island plumbers have some unique risks, and each company is different. To make sure you get the right policy for the best possible price, we take the time to listen to your business’ story, learn about your people, and see where your operation’s greatest risks are. We then help design a program that best fits your needs. With over a dozen companies to choose from, we can assure you that we have the right solution.
The coverages we recommend you consider are:
- Commercial auto insurance: Helps pay for any claims resulting from an employee’s accident while driving a company vehicle, or their own vehicle while on company time.
- Workers compensation insurance: Protect those who work for you. This coverage can replace lost wages, pay for medical treatment and protect your business and its assets if an employee suffers a serious injury.
- Errors and omissions insurance: Protect against customers’ claims for negligent acts, errors or omissions committed during business activities that result in a loss for the client.
- Property in transit coverage: Protects the valuable equipment you use to perform your contracting services. It can cover losses to goods that occur at your premises, while being transported to or from your premises, or while in storage.
- Contractors equipment coverage: Protect your valuable tools and machinery against damage while on the job. Common tools include those used in construction, landscaping and engineering, such as compressors, pumps, saws and other portable equipment.
- Equipment leased or rented from others coverage: Protect equipment that you have rented or leased for your business, such as forklifts, cranes and backhoes.
- Employee dishonesty coverage: Get coverage to help recover losses from employee theft. Work with your agent to find the right amount of coverage for your business.
We want you to be able to focus on growing your plumbing business, and delivering a great service to your clients. You shouldn’t have to worry about the unexpected. Give us a call, fill out the form on this page, or stop by one of our three convenient locations to get the coverage you need.
A pleasure to do business with the office every time!
Linda Pratt has been wonderful.
Great place with friendly people.
I am so glad we decided to call Lapointe!
Julie is always very polite and helpful
exceptional insurance agent
Best decision I ever made!
timely transfer from AMICA insurance
Everyone there is always so helpful
My realtor told me about Lapointe Insurance and I got a great price!
kindness, professionalism, availability and willingness to go the extra mile
I think she deserves a raise!
She went up and beyond to provide excellent customer service
It was a pleasure to work with John
Always ready to help
Nancy Lawrence Krause
That’s pretty amazing!
My realtor recommended Lapointe
They truly make you feel like family
I have always received excellent service.
a company that truly cares about their customers
Super easy to work with
Great customer service.
I saved money and she really shopped
fabulous from start to finish with me and my wife’s flood & homeowners insurance policy
Lapointe Insurance reassures me in their excellent work
truly one of the best in their industry
Well now I know insurance ins outs ups downs, and will be with them till the end, All members of the Lapointe team in front and behind the scenes are leaders in their fields, never disappoints.
Christine Araujo Pires
Best insurance agency on the market today
best price. super easy to understand
I’d like to thank Sally Figueiredo
Rhonda M Arruda
Very helpfully staff.
Can’t say enough about how helpful and professional John was
I highly recommend this agency.
Ask for John.
Excellent rates and customer service
saved me A hell of a lot more than 15% for 15 minutes
WOW! Thank you Isabel Carreiro!
The act of going above and beyond in order to accommodate a new client is the hallmark of The Lapointe Insurance Agency!!!
Elizabeth Maxim was the best
best rates for Homeowner and Auto Insurance
Friendly, knowledgeable, prompt.
John Lapointe is an honest, smart, and hard working insurance agent
Knowledgeable, helpful & caring
All aspects of our experience has been 1st Class
All aspects of our experience has been 1st Class. Thanks for all your help and consideration
amazing customer service, attention to detail, fast & reliable service
Anyone who is looking for amazing customer service, attention to detail, fast & reliable service, this is the guy/company to go to!
didn’t matter if I was 5 miles away or 567 miles away
Joseph Da Camara
I cannot recommend them more highly.
Linda Pratt is great to work with always
Nellie and team are absolutely wonderful!
Excellent communication with quick transparent responses
Great service. Competitively priced. Very friendly and helpful.
incredibly helpful and is always there to support me
Saved me $$$ too
John was great to work with